When you have a baby, a stroller is an essential item on your list thanks to various benefits it brings. There are many types of strollers available but umbrella strollers and jogging strollers are very popular because of their convenience. Having the best umbrella stroller or jogging stroller will not only help you take good care of your baby but also accommodate other needs of you as well.
An umbrella stroller is a lightweight stroller that is very easy to fold up and carry around. Parents who already have standard strollers usually end up buying umbrella strollers and use them more frequently because these are very convenient for travel or commuting.
Here are main benefits that umbrella strollers offer:
- They are compact and lightweight: Compared to other types of strollers, umbrella strollers are smaller and more lightweight. They usually weight fewer than 15 pounds and have very simple, compact designs. They normally fold in on themselves like umbrellas; some even fold in half. Therefore, they are ideal for storage and travelling or commuting. If you need to run errands outside your neighborhood often, umbrella strollers are exactly what you need because they are very easy to carry and can fit into the car boot or luggage as well.
- They are inexpensive: Unless you choose the very high-end models of umbrella strollers, you don’t have to worry a lot about the budget issue. Umbrella strollers are normally considered as the most inexpensive types of stroller out there. You can even get one at USD30. However, remember that quality comes with a price.
Of course, there are some downsizes too:
- The compact designs of umbrella strollers mean that there is barely any storage left for basic baby stuff. It does not mean you can’t find a suitable one with storage for towels a place to hang the diaper bag.
- An umbrella stroller of average quality is normally not very durable.
- There are not many added features to choose from; the most commonly provided feature is the canopy. Without head support and padding, umbrella strollers are not really suitable for infants. You should consider using this type of stroller when your kid is a toddler or older.
When choosing an umbrella stroller, you should bear in mind that size and weight matter: It is a wrong idea to pick an umbrella stroller that is too lightweight or small. You want a compact stroller that is still sturdy enough to ensure the safety of your kid. Nothing is worse than a flimsy stroller that breaks down only after several times of using. It is dangerous and costly at the same time. Why spending for 2 or three cheap and bad quality strollers at when you can buy a decent and more durable one at 100 USD. With more than 200 USD, you can surely get a good quality and reliable umbrella stroller. Also, if your stroller is too small, it won’t be able to accommodate your kid for long: you know how children grow quickly. Also, it is very important that your chosen umbrella stroller must be easily collapsible.
- Jogging strollers:
Jogging strollers are designed for people who love jogging and want to stay fit while taking care of their babies. Compared to other stroller types, jogging strollers normally have larger pneumatic tires and effective suspension systems. They should not be used for infants: the neck muscles of your kid must be strong enough to handle the stress and bump from jogging. In case you have two kids, there are double jogging strollers to suit your need as well.
People love using jogging strollers because:
- They provide health and mental benefits. Jogging is healthy exercise for the body and going on with your kid to enjoy the fresh air is very good for your mind: it takes you off daily stress or boring times pushing the stroller along.
- They look good and sporty, unlike normal strollers. There can be MP speakers or Ipod hook up if you and your kid want to enjoy some music along the way.
- They are sturdy: that is obvious, considering what purpose they are designed for
- They often come with storage and added features such as cup holder, snack trays…Of course, more features mean more weight and you should only select the features you need.
Jogging strollers, however, are usually bulkier than other stroller and can cost you quite a bit too.
How much running you intend to do will be the most important factor to consider in buying a jogging stroller. Extensive running requires a high-end jogging stroller with added safety features to withstand and manage bumps. If you just plan on running once in a while or do some daily light jogging only, you can save some money on running features.